The Cordis Hong Kong, so here is the story on our flight back to Australia from our wedding last year, we thought we would have a stop over. We wanted somewhere different, somewhere were we could relax and enjoying our two favourite things. Yep good food and cocktails, and well there is no other place better for it than Hong Kong.
We had heard from numerous people that Hong Kong was flowing with eateries and bars and this was certainly up our alley and mix with a totally different culture we were on board and booked the flight.
Now being a kind of pre honeymoon, we were looking for something top end, and the Cordis stood out to us so we didn’t hesitate and we booked it.
The Cordis was situated on the Kowloon side of the river. We found it has a bit of more Chinese culture, and full of great little markets and more of a local feel than crossing the other side.
As mentioned we had just got married so we decided to treat ourselves and add the club lounge to our stay. Now we did not regret this the club lounge offered complimentary food and drink all the way throughout the day. Including champagne hour with beautiful snacks and delicate canapes. There was also a cocktail hour also late evening offering spirts and host of mixers. These were great ways to start and end your evenings, and obviously part of the club lounge package. The views from the lounge over Hong Kong were unreal, you can see as far as the eye can see, great place to sip on that champagne and unwind
The rooms at the Cordis are great, they are modern, ample room, comfortable and offering again some great views again over the Hong Kong skyline.Comes with mini bar, Tv, safe and all the extras iron, robes etc. The bathrooms are massive, huge power shower and large bathtub which looks out onto the room allowing you to see out over the Hong Kong skyline.
Now the Cordis is a mecca for food and drink, with 4 great venues for food and drink.
- The Place – this is a buffet style restaurant, this is were buffet breakfasts are served offering great variety of cold and cooked breakfasts, providing local and international foods. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinners also although we didn’t try we were told they are great with great variety like the breakfasts.
- The Garage Bar – The Garage Bar is a funky rooftop bar with food trucks and craft beers. Low sofas and dim lights set the scene to create a wonderful atmosphere. When we were there the food was American style burgers, they were delicious and flavoursome after a long day exploring. I believe the menu now it Mexican style burritos.
- Ming Court – Ming Court is a Michelin star restaurant and bar far the fanciest of the all the eateries at the Cordis from top class food, service and a sense of sophistication Ming Court has it all. We were not disappointed one bit. I always say restaurants with high prices better deliver and Ming Palace certainly did.
- Alibi Wine Bar – Although we never ate here this is certainly the place to go if you enjoy a good quality beverage. A wine list like no other offering local and international wines. We opted for a few cocktails and well, we could not complain they were divine well mixed and beautifully balanced.
The facilities at the Cordis are also of top quality.
- Chaun Spa – Top quality spa offering a range of treatments in a relaxing and calm environment. Great after a day on the road to unwind before that champagne hour.
- Health Club – offering full gym with all the usual machines and equipment. Such classes like spin bikes are also given (will need to check timetables). The views over Hong Kong are unreal, now I wouldn’t be one for training on holiday but the scene set would certainly encourage us a bit more.
- Rooftop Pool – Beautiful setting at the top of the Cordis, offering spa, sauna and steam room. Fully stocked changing rooms with towels and robes etc. Great way to unwind at the end of the day.
Overall the Cordis Hong Kong offers everything from comfort, luxury, great facilities, tasty food and quality service. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Cordis to anyone.
If you wish to find out a bit more on Hong Kong check out our blog lists for our Hong Kong series.
Keep up to date with our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/chalkandcheesetravels/
For now from us its goodbye catch us soon as our next hotel is the fabulous Kilronan castle (Ireland)
Michelle & Richard