Banana and Blueberry Bread
Swerving away from actual travel to bring a tempting and lovely Banana Blueberry Bread recipe. Being a chef myself i think its time to start sharing a few recipes from my travels.
A lovely moist guilt free recipe from my time in Australia at a popular cafe I worked at. No sugar, flour or butter but taste as good as if it was suppose to be naughty.
Enjoy a slice of this Banana blueberry bread with a fresh cuppa.
Top Tip: The addition of blueberries add great health benefits with its great source of antioxidants and helping to naturally sweeten this sugar free bread.
- 325g Organic Porridge Oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ripened bananas (must be ripened or at least soft)
- 200g Blueberries
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 100g crushed Walnuts
- 3 Eggs
- Make sure of a preheated over of 180 c and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix oats, crushed walnuts, baking powder and a pinch of salt
- in seperate bowl mash up banana with a fork add to a food processor with the 3 eggs and blend until it forms a smooth consistency. Stir in Greek yoghurt
- Add the banana mixture to your Oats and walnuts mix and mix well until it is all combined.
- Fold in blueberries
- Pour mixture into lined tin
- Baking for 1 hour
- Test if cooked you can put a wooden skewer in the center of the loaf and pull out if wet mixture comes out baked until almost dry center.
- Make sure when cooked the loaf in taken out of tin and placed on wire rack to cool
A delightful guilt free loaf to have at home with a cup of tea on to pack in a lunch box for on the go.
Let us know how you go and any feedback or any think you change let us know we would love to hear. show us your banana bread recipe
Sign up to our newsletter below