Table of contents
Banana and Blueberry Bread
Swerving away from actual travel to bring a tempting and lovely Banana Blueberry Bread recipe. Being a chef myself i think its time to start sharing a few recipes from my travels.
A lovely moist guilt free recipe from my time in Australia at a popular cafe I worked at. No sugar, flour or butter but taste as good as if it was suppose to be naughty.
Enjoy a slice of this Banana blueberry bread with a fresh cuppa.
Top Tip: The addition of blueberries add great health benefits with its great source of antioxidants and helping to naturally sweeten this sugar free bread.
- 325g Organic Porridge Oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ripened bananas (must be ripened or at least soft)
- 200g Blueberries
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 100g crushed Walnuts
- 3 Eggs
- Make sure of a preheated over of 180 c and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix oats, crushed walnuts, baking powder and a pinch of salt
- in seperate bowl mash up banana with a fork add to a food processor with the 3 eggs and blend until it forms a smooth consistency. Stir in Greek yoghurt
- Add the banana mixture to your Oats and walnuts mix and mix well until it is all combined.
- Fold in blueberries
- Pour mixture into lined tin
- Baking for 1 hour
- Test if cooked you can put a wooden skewer in the center of the loaf and pull out if wet mixture comes out baked until almost dry center.
- Make sure when cooked the loaf in taken out of tin and placed on wire rack to cool
A delightful guilt free loaf to have at home with a cup of tea on to pack in a lunch box for on the go.
We have recipes like our Simple Thai Style Sauce and Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Let us know how you go and any feedback or any think you change let us know we would love to hear. show us your banana bread recipe
Sign up to our newsletter below
21 replies on “Banana and Blueberry Bread”
Sounds really yummy!
Your have to try and let us know how it goes 😀
Wow, the recipe is simpler than I’d thought! Less ingredients, that’s for sure…I enjoy baking bread with fruits in them (including bananas and strawberries, so I’ll definitely have to try this one out someday). Thanks for sharing!
Its a different type of recipe its a bit of a spin off a porridge bread. Making it packed full of energy and no sweetners or flour making it a healthy treat. Do try and let us know what you think
Suddenly craving banana bread! Thanks for sharing. Looks yummy.
Thanks for the comment hope you enjoy it
This looks amazing!
Thanks very much
This looks delicious!
Thanks so much
Brilliant let us know how it goes 😀
Im going to try this recipe
Definitely do and please let me know how you go 👍
I like how you put yogurt and blueberries in there. A nice addition to our usual recipe. Looks tasty.
Thanks yes it is a great addition makes it gluten free also but doesn’t compromise on flavour one bit. The addition of the blueberries naturally sweetens it also
Looks so good! Thanks for the recipe xx
No worries please let us know how you go with it
So lovely to see a twist on banana bread – I would never have thought of blueberries but this looks delicious, thank you!
Try it and let us know how you go would love some feedback 😀
[…] Fan of healthy food? Check out our Banana bread recipe here Banana Blueberry and walnut bread […]