Our Favourite Breakfast
If your like us and you like a nice crunchy granola in the morning then look no further than this lovely homemade healthy granola recipe. Even better we have added no sugars making it a much better and healthier alternate.
You would find a lot of store bought ones would be very sweet and have high sugar contents. This one surely doesn’t we use rice malt syrup and use the natural sweetness of the dried fruits to gently sweeten the granola without adding any sugar at all.
This is just a base recipe add to it what you like. we like like to simply add fresh strawberries, blueberries and Greek natural yoghurt. But the choices are endless , try different fruits and combinations and find the best ones.
The granola will last 4-5 weeks if keep correctly in an airtight container and away from sunlight. preferably in a pantry or cupboard.
So here it is.
- 500g Oats
- 60ml Coconut oil
- 80ml of rice malt syrup or date syrup
- 75g Slithered Almonds
- 30g Cranberries
- 30g Goji berries
- 50g Raisins
- pinch of Cinnamon or more to taste
- Mix all ingredients other than the dried fruit into a large mixing bowl. Coat oats generously.
- on a flat baking tray place oats and bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes mixing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool add dried fruits when cooled but still warm.
And its as simple as that thanks for stopping by. If you try let us know how it went and tag us in our social media links below we would love to see how you got on.
Fan of healthy food? Check out our Banana bread recipe here Banana Blueberry and walnut bread