Tallebudgera Valley Hidden Gem

Tallebudgera valley cream track

Our Great Find In Tallebudgera

The Gold Coast Australia, with it’s lively city and lush hinterland with a full list of things to do. It was refreshing to find a spot so secluded from everywhere else to go explore and that was Tallebudgera Valley , and the cream track.

Whilst working out in the Tallebudgera Valley area, I got talking to a local on the street and chatting about this rather quiet but beautiful part of the Gold Coast.

The area is about 30 – 40 minutes out from the Gold Coast center and a way into the country. As you drive into the valley there are only handfuls of scattered traditional “Queenslander” homes, a rural fire brigade and a green. Its one road in and one road out.

The local I got chatting to on the street brought to my attention an area right deep into the the woodland and off the beaten track and seldom visited by anyone but locals. He told us of great watering holes, streams, waterfalls, a hike and a lush rainforest.

Intrigued one sunday morning we decided to pack up the car and check it out.

Location

Driving all the way to the end of the Tallebudgera creek road. about 40 minute drive from Surfers Paradise.

Note: Near the end of the Tallebudgera Creek Road, this area is subject to flooding during the wet season. Also being out in the forest always be sure to check bush fire warning signs especially in summer months November to April. Tallebudgera Valley also does have a rural fire brigade with more info.

Arrival

Once you get deep into the Tallebudgera road the sense of seclusion becomes real. And as we arrived at the end of the road we did stop to think for a minute that we may have go wrong somewhere. All there was around was a spot to park a few cars, a beautiful stream and a gate which we assumed leaded to the house to the side of it.

Tallebudgera valley

After exploring for a while we looked on behind the gate and caught a glimpse of a track and a sign. Heading through, even still a bit dubious as it seemed part of the house we carried on none the less.

As we followed through the tracks we came out at numerous watering holes and streams. The peace and quiet and just the sound of the Whip Birds and nature tweet away in the background was bliss. It was like this area hadn’t been touched ever.

We continued to walk through the rainforest until a big stream appeared and tracks leading up the right to the path into the trees. Little had we known but we had found, what seemed an overgrown beginning of a hike track.

After a bit of research we found that this was one of the beginnings of the Springbrook to Tallebudgera Cream Track. With the more popular start of the track on the Springbrook mountain side.

The Cream Track

The Cream Track History

The cream track was developed by Martin Sheils in 1905. The track was developed so that cans of cream from from Percy Reid farm could come down with Billy Smith an in law of Martin rather than the long trek around Mudgeeraba.

To this day the rack is still used by hikers and walkers alike.

Cream Track Details

Distance: a 5.3km walking track through rainforest and farmland.

The Land: the track goes through Serenity Farm private property and Springbrook National Park meaning a permit is needed to walk this track. Which can be found HERE

Serenity Farm is a working farm with exposed cattle.

Difficulty : The track has steep sections to it and it regarded as challenging and having a partner with you is advised.

Views : Stunning mountainside views of the coast

Must brings : Water, food, good walking shoes and a GPS, as due to the area being very quiet and relatively untouched certain sections and tracks may not be to clear.

After Trip Refreshments

After finishing up in the valley all the hard work will need to be rewarded. A short drive to Burleigh Heads and a couple of cafes to try out would be Paddock Bakery, or the ever popular Commune. Both serving up great breakfasts, lunch and coffees.

And Finally

We were delighted to find such a stunning, peaceful and and untouched place to visit if only if we had the permit we would of gone up on the hike. But Tallebudgera Valley should not be overlooked for those peaceful days.

But, well that can be for another time and can be an excuse to return.

Once you make it to Springbrook you cant go past a visit to Purling Brook Falls or the Natural Bridge

Thanks for checking this out

Stay safe

Published by chalkandcheesetravels

We are adventure seekers who love to explore the world. So one day, we decided to write about it here is our story so far

45 thoughts on “Tallebudgera Valley Hidden Gem

1. Amie Cadwallader – London – Hello there, my name is Amie, I am 22, from London in the UK, I am a plus size fashion blogger, I focus on fitness, food, veganism, vegan beauty, cruelty free and overall health in life blogger.
    Amie Cadwallader says:

Oooh how beautiful does this look. I honestly want to go to Australia so much!

Love, Amie
    The Curvaceous Vegan

1. Its certainly worth the trip would highly recommended

2. wattwherehow – Bernie and Jess Watt are travel bloggers from Australia, living in NYC. Award winning copywriter by day (Bernie) and legal professional (Jess), casual photographers and hobbyist Vloggers in the making, our blog blends travel experiences from around the world with tips for those coming to NYC to live or vacation.
    wattwherehow says:

While we’ve been to a few of the waterholes and falls in the region, we never came across this one. Nice find!

1. Great spot and I have only just found out also if you do the hike and come down the Springbrook side you can continue on and reach the bottom of Purling Brook Falls.

3. Lannie Travels – Isle of Islay – Full time aid-worker, part time food and travel blogger. Love experiencing the world through its food culture! Happily fueled by coffee, great food, and whisky.
    Lannie Travels says:

This really does look like a hidden gem! I’m so glad you explained the story of the cream track. I was kiiiinda hoping there’d be a magical ice cream truck at the end, but one can dream!

1. Its a beautiful find right off the beaten track and a lot of fun exploring

1. Gold Coast was beautiful you will have to make it back and explore

4. I’ve been to Springbrook National Park but just love finding out about locally known spots. Tallebudgera Valley’s hidden spot looks beautiful, what a brilliant find.

1. So lucky to find next time will be the hike

5. Lisa's Notebook – I'm Lisa, a Content Creator and Blogger from Bath, helping brands and businesses connect with their ideal clients. I'm also a mum of one, cat concierge, gardener, beauty, gin and tea lover, and Plantagenet enthusiast! Find me over on: https://www.lisasnotebook.com.
    Lisa's Notebook says:

I’ve never been to Australia but it’s on my bucket list. This looks absolutely stunning, so peaceful and natural, what an amazing place.

6. Seclusion is a luxury in traveling these days. Seems like a hit a jackpot 😉

7. Retirestyle Travel – Our blog, called Retirestyle Travel, has travel inspiration & information for older travellers thinking about becoming snowbirds or retiring abroad.
    Retirestyle Travel says:

This place looks and sounds beautiful. We’d love to walk around and explore. Great pictures.

1. It was certainly off the beaten path these are our favourite kind of spots

1. Stunning area anything off the beaten track is always fun to explore

8. Thanks for sharing an interesting find. Tallebudgera Valley sounds intriguing and off beat! Will try to make it there someday. Informative! Saving the rich resource!

1. Thanks so much we were delighted with our find can’t wait to go back

1. The Gold Coast and especially the rainforest is just stunning we do miss our adventures there

9. kasiawrites – Kasiawrites Cultural Travel Blog is about adventure, exploration and discovery with a focus on responsible travel. An exciting way of learning about the world as well as self-reflection and personal freedom. A place for curious travellers, looking for new experiences, discovering new things and learning something new along the way.
    kasiawrites says:

What a gorgeous spot! I can’t wait to one day visit Australia 😉

1. Australia is always a must there is always somewhere to find

10. Carpe Diem Eire – Hi I'm John. Together with my wife Beata we travel part time through Ireland and Europe whenever the opportunity allows it. My travels focus on road trips and city breaks. I have an avid interest in history and culture. My travel style is a high energy one, as I strive to make the most of my free time. So Carpe Diem in other words. Join me on my travels.
    John Quinn says:

Looks like you literally found the middle of nowhere. It does exist. I had always thought it was in Leitrim. These kinda places are the best.

1. Off the beaten track is always much better. I’m sure I’ll find a few in Leitrim also

11. This looks absolutely awesome! I last visited Australia far too long ago, and have been really hoping to go back one day. This area has such a peaceful name too, and Springbrook sounds wonderful

12. Love this places where you can walk for hours without crossing any person. Great for lying on the ground, drinking something and chilling.
    Thanks for sharing such fantastic hidden spot. It seems that bucket-list keep on increasing
    Good work!

13. fitlifeandtravel – Shannon is the founder of Fitlifeandtravel and hopes to inspire you everyday to find adventure no matter where you are. Feel alive! Life Maximized!
    fitlifeandtravel says:

Looks like a beautiful place for hiking.Yeah, we have several cool hiking trails that require a permit too. Thanks for sharing this awesome hidden gem with us!

1. Australia is a favourite of ours cant wait to one day head back. These little treasures make it even better